What would improve Kobold2D?

Have Project Starter and Upgrader search subfolders for workspaces

Currently these tools only work if you create your custom (project) workspace file in the Kobold2D-x.x.x root directory. But this is a problem for git, because any files you add to git have to be in the main .git folder, or underneath it. And ideally you want the .git root folder to be you project folder. It can't be in the Kobold2D-x.x.x folder because you can have multiple projects there, but only 1 .git file.

My request is to have the Project Starter and Upgrader tools search subfolders within the Kobold2D-x.x.x folder. This way, the user can create a custom .xcworkspace inside the main project folder, then do the git init inside that folder and add all files including the workspace. This allows the whole project to live in a single folder, which is easily pulled down to another machine from a remote repository without messing anything up.

Ideally, the Project Starter tool could create the .xcworkspace file inside the new project folder so the user doesn't need to manually add the files to the custom workspace, and move the xcworkspace file into the project folder before initializing git, if that's possible.

6 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AnonymousAnonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Kyle ObaKyle Oba commented  · 

I would love this feature too. BTW, how are you currently moving your .xcworkspace file into the project folder now? Does that work?

Feedback and Knowledge Base